I have been up all night my friends, for many nights indeed. Damned by the swirling depths of blackened caffeine and adrenaline beating against my veins with the same thrust as my rampage against boredom. Restless because on this lee shore we are blown against order and find ourselves repeatedly glancing off at extreme angles. And the ideas pitching in sync with the sea below, have been riding the waves between the limits of normalcy and sanity with demented thinking and a flurry of writing.
My heart explodes with an immense pride at feeling myself standing quite alone, the voluntary exile, expelled from the Savannah by nothing more than the vacuous chasm of disdain for being counted as one among Dunbar’s number. Content to face both the army encamped in mundanity and the expansive promise of further expanse just beyond the elusive horizon. Alone with the intrepid ones long since robbed of breath and devoured by the sea, but who first inhaled more life than they could absorb without the shameless grin at shedding the vapid bonds of Homo economicus and casting a sideways glance askance the seductive den of Homo sociologicus. Homo ludens is the only hominid worth saving.
Let us free ourselves to leave good and common sense shackled to the plows an hurl ourselves into the immense mouth and breast of the world! Let us feed our souls with the unknown, not from despair, but simply to enrich the unfathomable ends in adventure.
Manifesto of the Evolvification of Human Life.
- We sing the love of adventure and exploration, the habit of energy and rashness.
- Society has up to now magnified pensive immobility, the manufacture of stagnation and the repetition of production amplified by the production of repetition. We exalt movement and the destruction of the architecture of socialization imprisoning our minds.
- We assign no virtue to monotony trumpeted as ultra-specialization, a specific tool person for every job.
- We declare that access to the splendor of the world has been granted by technology.
- We are on the extreme promontory of the centuries! What is the use is conflating the tyranny of the majority with the tragedy of commons and living as subjects to the tyranny of the unpaved world. Fear of natured died yesterday. We are already living in the absolute, whether in absolute encumbrance of an autocratic cultural milieu, or in absolute embrace of a life of simultaneous play.
- We want to demolish the propaganda of the “American dream”, ethnocentrism, and nationalism. Division is illusion.
- We remain perplexed by the great crowd passively subjugated by endless work, repressed by imaginary masters, and guided by manufactured fears as much as they remain confused by our freedom and ability to experience.
- Converts welcome.
Portions of the above shamelessly (and drastically) adapted from “The Futurist Manifesto” -F.T. Marinetti, 1909
In 1973, Theodosius Dobzhansky said, ”Nothing in Biology Makes Sense Except in the Light of Evolution”. Dobzhansky didn’t go far enough. I suggest the following: Without the light of evolution, anything about life may be believed, but nothing about life can be understood and insight is negated. Insight is paramount.
Evolution provides ultimate insights into all aspects of human life.
Evolution provides crucial insight into optimizing human wellbeing.
Evolution provides superlative insight into the human mind.
Evolution provides vital insight into human relationships.
Evolution provides elemental insight into the human body.
Evolution provides decisive insight into the human diet.
The existing framework cannot continue to subdue.
The understanding of evolution is the evolution of understanding.
The misunderstanding of evolution is the misunderstanding of humanity.
The fear of evolution is the fear of humanity.
The rejection of evolution is the rejection humanity.
To ignore evolution is to ignore humanity.
To those who don’t understand us properly, we say with an irreducible scorn: “The evolvified of which you believe yourselves perhaps to be the judges, will one day judge you. We await the turning point which is the inevitable liquidation of the world of privation by subsitution, in all its forms. Such are our goals, and these will be the future goals of humanity.”